- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Helping Philly Reach a Healthy Shade of Green…
Welcome to Green Philly Blog! We’re here to help locavores (& beyond!) make greener, everyday choices. No green washing, just environmental news, advice and challenges without agenda or hype.
Once upon a time, two colleagues were carpooling too far from Northern Liberties to the suburbs of Malvern, PA. One day as they started complaining about the conspiracy that their company didn’t actually recycle (even with the disguise of recycle bins in everyone’s cubes), it opened up floodgates of frustration. Why didn’t people understand the basics? How could they help? Thus, Green Philly Blog was born in July 2008.
What You’ll Find:
Being “green” isn’t about recycling. Being green is about what you eat, buy, choosing transportation modes and simple decisions – every single day. We’re just trying to make it a little easier for you to navigate the green life.
You’ll also find our personal triumphs and struggles of being green, including our bizarre green habits and deciding if your recyclables are clean enough for the bin.
Check out our Quick Tips for disgustingly simple ways to help you go green.
We’re always happy to hear from you, whether you love us or hate us: contact (at) greenphillyblog.com
About our Advertisements/Compensation:
The Federal Trade Commission requires that we disclose any relationships with product manufacturers or service providers when we write about products or services.
Here are the guidelines we operate under:
- We aren’t paid to do reviews. If we do accept a product or any compensation for the time to review the product, we will say it in the post. Any compensation or discount/sample items do NOT influence our opinions. If we do not have a disclaimer, we purchased the product(s) on our own.
- On occasion, our post may have an affiliate ‘link’. We may get paid a small commission if you purchase the product or service. These posts are not composed for the purpose of including advertising, and we would never link to a product we didn’t believe in.
- No advertiser, PR agency or third party will ever influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. We pick everything.
- You may see advertisements on the sidebars. Those are probably paid.
Why do we have advertisements/accept funding? Running a blog actually costs us money and time, so we basically are trying to recoup the funds we put into the blog.
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Mike on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)
- Lauren on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)
- Kids Fashion on Beer Can House is Ultimate Houston Recycled Decor: Over 50,000 Recycled Beers!
- Danette on Beer Can House is Ultimate Houston Recycled Decor: Over 50,000 Recycled Beers!
- Erika on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)