- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Currently viewing the category: "Beauty and Cosmetics"
Continue Reading →
When I first read a pitch for a feminine, ‘natural’ cleaner, I was slightly apprehensive about greenwashing. However, talking with healthy hoohoo founder Stacy Lyon was informative, enlightening and straight-up fun. And I totally understand why her products are essential in the market.
A self described “outdoor, wildlife & mountain woman”, Stacy Lyon grew up a simple lady and was living with the closest grocery store 21 miles away. Then, one of her friends was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and she heard the word “paraben’ for the first time. Compiled with 2 other convos in 1 week with her OBGYN and another friend, she realized that women are in the perfect storm for their lady parts with popular products: polyester thongs, processed food & cheap toiletries. And then there was this statistic, which shocked me:
(Find out the shocking statistic AND essential tips to keep your VJ healthy, after the jump:)
Continue Reading →
It can be difficult to make the ‘green choice’ when staring down a drugstore aisle with seemingly endless options of shampoo and face wash. But if you familiarize yourself with some of the greener cosmetic companies, you’ll find there’s a good array of affordable, environmentally conscious selections out there.
Read on for the rundown on a few of my favorite eco-friendly cosmetic lines:
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Jonathan on City Spotlight! Eco Friendly Napa: Food, Activity and Wine (Obviously)
- Mike on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)
- Lauren on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)
- Kids Fashion on Beer Can House is Ultimate Houston Recycled Decor: Over 50,000 Recycled Beers!
- Danette on Beer Can House is Ultimate Houston Recycled Decor: Over 50,000 Recycled Beers!