- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
The band Cake has been making music for over a decade. These days, they’re known as one of the greenest bands in the world.
In an age where some artists are emitting carbon like it’s their job – Cake’s efforts are pretty darn refreshing.
In 2008 the band converted it’s Sacramento recording studio to run 100 percent from solar energy. Some of Cake’s other green initiatives include:
- Hosting the annual traveling music festival Unlimited Sunshine tour, which brings together lesser-known musicians and environmental organizations like Earthjustice, Union of Concerned Scientists, Greenpeace, Sierra Club, Arbor Day Society and HeadCount. The festival is a chance to enjoy new music and learn about educational environmental resources.
- Cake’s albums and merchandise are made with non-bleached recycled stock and non-toxic vegetable dyes
- Cake’s also replaced CD Jewel boxes with coated cardboard Re-Pak Digipaks, and
- the band heavily promotes and encourages carpooling to their upcoming shows via a messenger board on their website.
Posted by Beth
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Julie on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- rachel on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- pure planet recycling on Recycle Your Old Sneakers: Where Can I Wednesday 2013 edition
- Kerry on Where Can I (Wednesday)… Recycle Used Batteries in Philadelphia?
- Jonathan on City Spotlight! Eco Friendly Napa: Food, Activity and Wine (Obviously)