Free Vegan Food, SEPTA Fare Hike & Awesome Link Roundup!
Happy Friday, Green Philly Friends! Hope you got a dose of spring with this warmer weather & the Philadelphia Flower Show last week!
It’s been a while since a good ol’ sustainable link roundup, but there’s so damn much going on in Philly & in green-land. Here’s some of our favorite links & must-know tips.
- SEPTA is getting rid of their tokens in exchange for a card system, which we’ve already known. Did you know fares are going up as well? Curbed Philly mentioned fares are jumping to $2.25 and later $2.50. The weekly/monthly passes are leaping 11%. Just when we were sick of rooting for quarters…
- FREE VEGAN FOOD FEST. Get psyched to swim in free tempeh, tofu and seitan. Sunday, March 17th at Weavers Way in Mount Airy.
- Want to get chemical-free produce & reduce your carbon footprint? Check out about how to choose a Philly CSA over on Examiner. (I wrote it! Did I mention I’m their new Philadelphia Green Living Examiner?)
- If you missed it, my cat guest posted about his green cat life on Green Philly Blog. Unfortunately, he also shattered my iPhone screen the same day. 2 birds, one Pounce.
- Heather Clisby scored the dream (or nightmare) interview with an executive of Plastic Baggie Suit of Helix Poly. Check how The Director of “Sustainability” and marketing
liedpromoted natural gas as an alternative to oil and how great the industry is doing for recycling, consumers & killing our wildlife.
- With all those scary reports about lead in makeup, ever consider what lead can do to you and your family? Our green activist friend Tamara Rubin was featured in the Huffington Post. Check out the article & her upcoming movie, MisLEAD
- Leigh Ann from Green 4 U went snorkling in Belize and couldn’t help but think of Super Plastic-Free Rockstar Beth Terry. Get beyond your tropical jealousy and reflect on her plastic-filled fish experience.
- Jen & Joey Go Green expanded about why you should ditch the fake air fresheners and even give us a sustainable formula to DIY!
- Stand in Whole Foods or Essene without knowing what to buy? Here’s 10 foods you should always have in your fridge, courtesy of Groovy Green Livin.
- Treat yourself to an Irish-inspired Mint Chocolate Smoothie for St. Pat’s. Seriously.
- And whiskey. Or organic vodka, like Square One like Anna Hackman features in her interview with CEO Allison Evanow.
- Or get your green on, DIY style with help from Random Recycling.
Readers, any green news you want to give? Share in the comments!