- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Join the team that has winning chef Stephanie McKeon Krzywanski: Camphill Village Kimberton Hills has immediate openings for Garden Apprentices within the Sankanac CSA where you can gain experience in biodynamic, organic, and sustainable methods of agriculture and land stewardship. Garden Apprentices receive strong “hands on” training by working alongside experienced farmers and participate in the North American Biodynamic Apprenticeship Program.
The Sankanac CSA is a 170 member biodynamically-farmed garden situated in the rolling hills of beautiful Chester County, PA. In the 10-acre garden a diverse seasonal mix of vegetables, flowers, herbs, and fruit is grown. The garden is part of Camphill Village Kimberton Hills, a 432-acre agricultural and crafts community which focuses on life-sharing and specifically includes adults with disabilities. In addition to the CSA, Camphill Village Kimberton Hills also tends a grass fed dairy farm, an orchard, a small apiary, woodlands, a wood fired bakery, coffee shop, craft workshops and 17 life-sharing households. Room and board are provided to apprentices as well as a stipend of $130/month. Health care costs are covered after the first three months. For information or to apply, contact email@example.com.
Posted by Julie
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Kristi @Let This Mind Be in You on 5 Benefits of Composting for your Urban Garden
- Julie on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- rachel on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- pure planet recycling on Recycle Your Old Sneakers: Where Can I Wednesday 2013 edition
- Kerry on Where Can I (Wednesday)… Recycle Used Batteries in Philadelphia?