- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Recycling bins are FREE to city residents and you can pick them up (easy peasy) Monday – Saturday from 8 AM to 6 PM at the following Sanitation Convenience Centers:
- Southwest Philadelphia (3033 S. 63rd St., near Passyunk Ave. ), 215-685-4290
- Northwest Philadelphia (300 block Domino Lane, near Umbria St.), 215-685-2502
- Northeast Philadelphia (State Rd. & Ashburner St.), 215-685-8072
- SOSNA (South of South Neighbors Association), 1901 Christian St.., 215-732-8446 (** I know SOSNA is out currently, but should be getting more SOON! **)
- NLNA (Northern Liberties Neighbors Association), 700 N. 3rd St., 215-627-6562
- HACE (Hispanic Association of Contractors and Enterprises), 2708 North 5th Street.
If you prefer, you can use any rigid (AKA metal or sturdy plastic) household container (no larger than 32 gallons) but must write “RECYCLING” on it. Also, don’t use paper bags, plastic bags, cardboard boxes, etc. as recycling containers. (Cardboard boxes end up wet, split open & make a huge mess on your sidewalk.)
Make sure to sign up for Philadelphia’s Recycling Rewards Program when you get your blue bin, too!