Philadelphia’s Bagged Leaf Drive 2012 (by the Streets Department) is approaching! What do you need to know for this year?
- The Bagged Leaf Drive runs from Monday, November 5 – Friday, December 14th.
- Leaves are ONLY collected in biodegradable paper bags so they can be processes soon. Don’t put plastic or other materials – it will contaminate the process.
- Repeat: NO LEAVES IN PLASTIC BAGS. They will be collected as trash. (and you’ll be glared at by neighbors.)
- You must BYOB (Buy Your Own Bag – something like this one.) Streets Department won’t give ‘em to you.
- No mechanical leaf collection.
- Set the leaf bags on your curb on your trash/recycling day
- Use as many bags as needed (max 40 lbs each.)
- Bagged leaves may also be taken to Sanitation Convenience Centers:
- 3033 S. 63rd Street (63rd & Passyunk Ave.)
- Domino Lane and Umbria Street
- State Road and Ashburner Street
All picked up leaves will help clear the waterways and save landfill space. Instead of clogging our streets, gathered leaves will be composted for gardens & trees.
Will you be participating in Philly’s Bagged Leaf Drive this year?
Photo: PuppyBand. Because how could you resist a puppy?
*This page contains an affiliate link. Suggestion only – there’s no pressure for this product in particular.