- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Some experts say that plain ol regular soap and water do the job just as well.
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has made statements that hand washing with regular soap is as effective at removing germs as antibacterial soaps, and they don’t necessarily endorse antibacterial soap.
So what’s the key to cleanliness and germ-fighting? The CDC lays out guidelines which includes washing for at least 20 seconds. (Hmmm I remember hearing on an old episode of Oprah that you should sing happy birthday to yourself 3 times while washing and you’ll be good.)
Tagged with: soap
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Danette on Beer Can House is Ultimate Houston Recycled Decor: Over 50,000 Recycled Beers!
- Erika on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)
- Julie on Philadelphia Recycling Rewards: Cash in Rewards for Curbside Efforts
- Julie on Beer Can House is Ultimate Houston Recycled Decor: Over 50,000 Recycled Beers!
- George Hendricks on Philadelphia Recycling Rewards: Cash in Rewards for Curbside Efforts