- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Here’s a simple tip to head in that direction – nix the plastic hand soap and dish soap bottles!
Resuable containers and bottles can be refilled with soap on the reg and they also tend to be more aesthetically pleasing – a bonus if you are into pretty bathroom accessories. Plus you’ll save some cash in the long run. I typically purchase a large bag of soap solution from Target or Whole Foods and it lasts about 3 months.
You can find resuable containers most anywhere that sells bath supplies – I picked up some porcelain containers from Bed, Bath & Beyond.
If you’re really ambitous you could also make your own soap.
And, don’t forget that for the shower or bath a bar is typically a more sustainable choice.
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Julie on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- rachel on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- pure planet recycling on Recycle Your Old Sneakers: Where Can I Wednesday 2013 edition
- Kerry on Where Can I (Wednesday)… Recycle Used Batteries in Philadelphia?
- Jonathan on City Spotlight! Eco Friendly Napa: Food, Activity and Wine (Obviously)