- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
After a few washes it’s tough to keep whites fresh-looking. While it’s tempting to choose bleach to brighten your whites here’s a safer, homemade concoction to whiten: mix about a ½-1 cup of borax in with your laundry load after starting the cycle.
What’s so bad about bleach? Most brands contain chlorine – when chlorine is isolated from chemical bonds it can become a toxic gas. Yuck.
If you must use bleach try a chlorine-free one like Seventh Generation brand.
Posted by Beth
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Kristi @Let This Mind Be in You on 5 Benefits of Composting for your Urban Garden
- Julie on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- rachel on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- pure planet recycling on Recycle Your Old Sneakers: Where Can I Wednesday 2013 edition
- Kerry on Where Can I (Wednesday)… Recycle Used Batteries in Philadelphia?