- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
This recipe for a refreshing, seasonal blueberry mojito will get your long weekend and summer season off to a solid start. Bonus: it’s fairly low calorie, and simple to create!
Beth’s Blueberry Mojito
Makes about 4 drinks
- One 6 oz package fresh blueberries (US sourced please!)
- 2 fresh limes
- 1 lemon (* Optional. I’m a fan of the unexpected citrus taste here.)
- Large bunch of fresh mint leaves
- Roughly 5 ounces of white rum
- 4 tsp agave syrup
- 4 ounces club soda
- In a small pitcher muddle lime, lemon (optional) and mint leaves.
- Pour in rum, and agave
- Pour in club soda
- Add ice (not too much if you’re chilling the mojitos before serving – you don’t want to water down.)
- Lastly, add fresh blueberries
PS – don’t be scared of the pink-purple hue. It’s a result of the fresh berries soaking.
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Kristi @Let This Mind Be in You on 5 Benefits of Composting for your Urban Garden
- Julie on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- rachel on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- pure planet recycling on Recycle Your Old Sneakers: Where Can I Wednesday 2013 edition
- Kerry on Where Can I (Wednesday)… Recycle Used Batteries in Philadelphia?