- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Where can you recycle Christmas tree & menorah wrapping paper? What can you put in the recycle bin from your holiday loot (and what should you trash?) Don’t worry, our merry readers: We have the answers for you in our holiday recycling guide. And the good news? Most of your gift materials can go full circle to be reincarnated.
The Philadelphia Streets Department spelled out what you can do this holiday season for recycling gift supplies & more (and it’s a LOT). Here’s a guide for you:
Holiday Gift Recycling List:
- Wrapping paper (no ribbons or bows, please)
- Gift boxes
- Gift tags
- Tissue paper
- Greeting cards and envelopes
- Shopping bags
- Cardboard boxes (empty and flattened)
- Hard plastic casing
Getting ready to booze it up & eat too many peppermint cookies and red & green appetizers? Here’s the ultimate Holiday Recycling Party List:
- Soda and water bottles
- Milk, water and juice jugs
- Rigid plastic containers and juice bottles
- Yogurt containers and deli trays
- Plastic cups, plates and to-go containers (clear, rigid #6 only, not styrofoam products)
- Many mixed plastic containers and plastic products
To learn more about what plastics you can recycle, download the Plastics Recycling Fact Sheet (pdf)
What else can you recycle from the holiday parties?
- CARTONS: Orange juice cartons, milk cartons, juice boxes, soup boxes, ice cream cartons, and more
- METALS: Tin and aluminum cans
- GLASS: Jars and bottles containers
- CARDBOARD: Soda and beer cartons
Readers, what other holiday remains will you need to recycle?
Tagged with: Where Can I Wednesday
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- pure planet recycling on Recycle Your Old Sneakers: Where Can I Wednesday 2013 edition
- Kerry on Where Can I (Wednesday)… Recycle Used Batteries in Philadelphia?
- Jonathan on City Spotlight! Eco Friendly Napa: Food, Activity and Wine (Obviously)
- Mike on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)
- Lauren on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)