- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
You can recycle used bras to give them a new life for a woman in need!
Free the Girls rescues women from sex trafficking and helps them start a new life. They recycle used bras of all types (athletic, nursing, camisoles, and the regular type). The best news is that you can drop them off at a their Philadelphia-affiliated Hope Chest. (1937 Chestnut Street, Phila, 19103).
Live outside the city? You can simply mail them to:
Free The Girls
8200 S. Quebec St.
Centennial, CO 80112
The Bra Recyclers also recycle and reuse old bras to developing countries around the world. You can mail yours to:
3317 S. Higley Rd, Ste 114-441
Gilbert, AZ 85297
Fun Fact: Japanese women can recycle used bras to be converted into fuel!
Ladies, do you know of any other places to recycle used bras? (I’m still trying to figure out where to donate them once that damn underwire gets worn out!
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Julie on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- rachel on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- pure planet recycling on Recycle Your Old Sneakers: Where Can I Wednesday 2013 edition
- Kerry on Where Can I (Wednesday)… Recycle Used Batteries in Philadelphia?
- Jonathan on City Spotlight! Eco Friendly Napa: Food, Activity and Wine (Obviously)