- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
But once you (or I) polish off a few bottles of sweet, sweet heaven, where can you recycle wine corks?
Cork is a renewable resource too precious to send to the landfill. Cork ReHarvest paired up with Whole Foods for a convenient recycling program. You can drop off a batch of wine corks on your next grocery trip at the Whole Foods Callowhill, South Street OR any other locations. Cork ReHarvest then uses the recycled wine corks into post-consumer products like watches, floor tiles & wine shippers.
ReCork also collects used wine corks (only natural – not plastic or metal) for SOLE product lines & packaging. You can drop off your ol’ corks to Keating’s River Grill (201 South Columbus Blvd), Kensington Community Partners (1301 N 2nd St) & the Philadelphia Zoo (3400 Girard Ave).
Synthetic & plastic corks aren’t accepted into these cork recycling programs. Try to choose brands that DO use natural cork to avoid wasting the fake varieties. If you accidentally pick up a synthetic variety, Yemm & Hart DO recycle the synthetic wine corks by mail (although they prefer not to).
If you’re crafty, you can make anything from decorations, a cork board or wedding charts/decorations when you recycle used wine corks DIY style. Unfortunately I’ll stick to the simple drinking & recycling (or donating to friends who are DIY-ing.)
Readers, where do you recycle wine corks? Or do you have any easy DIY projects worth trying?
Tagged with: Where Can I Wednesday
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Mike on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)
- Lauren on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)
- Kids Fashion on Beer Can House is Ultimate Houston Recycled Decor: Over 50,000 Recycled Beers!
- Danette on Beer Can House is Ultimate Houston Recycled Decor: Over 50,000 Recycled Beers!
- Erika on Q&A: Nature Conservancy’s Mark Tercek Talks Philly, Nature’s Fortune & Green Business (and FREE Giveaway!)