- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Reader Terry (Delaware County) asked: Where I can recycle used mercury thermometers? I have three of them.
Mercury in thermostats makes them hazardous… therefore you need to handle with care. Not many ‘drop off’ locations take specialty items, but both Philadelphia and Delaware County have hazardous waste drop off events where you can recycle used thermometers.
Delaware County is having an Haz Waste event this Saturday, October 13 at the Upper Chichester Township Building (8500 Furey Road, 19061). The next Philadelphia Streets Hazardous Waste event is Saturday, November 3 at the Streets Department Northeast Facility (3901 Delaware Ave).
Thermostat Recycling Corp gives you businesses close to your zip code you can call and inquire if they recycle used thermometers.
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Kristi @Let This Mind Be in You on 5 Benefits of Composting for your Urban Garden
- Julie on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- rachel on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- pure planet recycling on Recycle Your Old Sneakers: Where Can I Wednesday 2013 edition
- Kerry on Where Can I (Wednesday)… Recycle Used Batteries in Philadelphia?