- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Currently viewing the tag: "Green Lifestyle"
Continue Reading →
Why environmentalists should shut up about “green” & make sustainability the status quo
“You’ll be so mad at me,” my friend started our conversation. “I forgot my reusable bag in the car so had to take 3 plastic ones. Double bagged.”
“Oh no!” I replied. Although I was slightly disappointed, I tried disguising my inner judgement.
“I’m just not green like you.”
By our conversation, you’d think I was born designated into this ‘eco-lover’ lifestyle. Just how I was born into a loud and Eastern-European-Irish mutt and whiskey-loving family. Was caring about the earth a genetic combination I was cursed into, just like my abnormally tiny eyes and obnoxiously loud laugh? (Find out more about why we should stop calling it ‘green’).
Green Philly Blog
What Readers Are Saying
- Julie on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- rachel on Lessen Your Impact on Vacation: Friday Quickie
- pure planet recycling on Recycle Your Old Sneakers: Where Can I Wednesday 2013 edition
- Kerry on Where Can I (Wednesday)… Recycle Used Batteries in Philadelphia?
- Jonathan on City Spotlight! Eco Friendly Napa: Food, Activity and Wine (Obviously)