- Philly Represent!
- Green Living
- About Us
This past summer, my sister-in-law raved about the Bashful Banana in Ocean City, NJ. I enjoyed their banana whip at least twice during the week (on top of soft serve a few times…) This frozen dessert not only satisfied my sweet tooth but I learned it was ONLY made of bananas.
I had no clue how this was possible since I had previously put bananas in the blender for smoothies, and it’s nothing like frozen yogurt. Don’t worry friends, I’ve discovered the secret. And it’s good. And, it’s easy enough to be called a…
Half-Assed “Vegan” Banana Whip Recipe
- A freezer
- A food processor or blender
Suggested Mix & Match Ingredients:
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter
- or Anyberries
- Cut bananas into 1-1.5 inch slices. You’ll want to cut them thickly. (Pending how many servings you’d like, I’d recommend 1-1.5 bananas for 2 servings. However, it’s bananas. Not fat. Go crazy and make 5 and freeze for a late night temptation.)
- Stick bananas in the freezer overnight.
- Take bananas out of freezer.
- Throw bananas into food processor.
- Blend bananas for about 1 minute or until the food processor doesn’t want to chop them anymore. The banana mixture should still be cold and the PERFECT soft serve recipe.
- Enjoy and thank me for introducing you to banana whip!
Pending what type of ‘soft bananas’ or Banana Whip you’d like, adjust recipe accordingly. I’d recommend putting 3 TB of cocoa powder & 1 tsp of vanilla extract before you blend the bananas for a chocolate flavor.
Pro tip: If you want a ‘flavor’ like PB or chocolate (or both!), I’d recommend adding the ingredients in before blending. But ‘chunks’ like chocolate chips or fruit bits should be added after the bananas are blended.
Other banana whip ideas:
- Peanut butter & chocolate chips
- Peanut butter & honey
- Chocolate & raspberries
- Cocoa powder & (vegan) chocolate chips
- Raspberry, strawberry & blueberry (add these after banana is whipped.
Readers, have you ever tried to make banana whip? Any tips?