- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Just in time for the 4th of July holiday I have some tasty cocktails in store. Who doesn’t love a fresh summer cocktail while firing up the grill and watching the fireworks?
I tested these babies out last weekend and trust me they were tasty! My mission was to keep the ingredients fresh and organic, and use local ingredients where possible.
Beth’s Grapefruit Vodka Refresher
*Serves 1 (thirsty person) or 2
- 3/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1.5 -2 oz organic vodka
- 1-2 fresh mint sprigs ( from the garden if you can!)
- Slice of organic lemon or lime
- 1 tsp agave nectar mixed with granulated stevia or sugar for the rim
Easy directions: Simply serve grapefruit juice and vodka over lots of ice and add mint, lemon or lime to garnish. The agave sugar rim is the perfect margarita-on-the-rocks esque finishing touch!
Summertime Pimms Cup
This cocktail is inspired by London and summertime. My family got into this drink big time last year when America’s obsession with all things British and the royal wedding heated up
- 2-3 oz Pimm’s
- 2.5 oz ginger beer (or ginger ale if can’t find – but ginger beer is fantastic!)
- Sliced local cucumber slices
- 2 mint sprigs
- 2-4 slices of orange or lemon (optional)
Easy directions: Fill glass with ice, pour in Pimms first followed by ginger beer or ale and garnished with cucumber, mint and orange or lemon.
Happy 4th Green Philly friends!
Green Philly Blog