- How to Green
- Philly Represent!
- Plastic Bag Reduction
Okay, okay so the “best ever” probably falls into the hyperbole category. But I’m telling you guys even if you loathe vegetables and would rather spend June enjoying warm weather favorites like tacos, italian ice and margaritas (I’m getting my fair share of those too!), this asparagus really is tasty enough to almost forget you’re eating healthy.
Need a few more reasons to try it?
1. It’s asparagus season in Pennsylvania and the tri-state region.
2. This recipe is so simple! Truthfully, it’s almost embarrassing that I’m calling it a recipe.
3. It contains cheese (sort of).
The Best Asparagus Recipe Ever
- Fresh green asparagus (or purple! I recently discovered this and it tastes just like the green variety).
- 2 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (nooch) OR Parmesan. I used nutritional yeast for a dairy-free version, but parmesan is awesome as well.
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400
- Snap off rough end of asparagus and then trim a bit more if needed (I don’t get too concerned about uniformity.But if you’re serving to guests you might be.)
- Coat a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp olive oil or cooking spray
- Place asparagus on pan – careful not to overcrowd or they won’t cook evenly
- Drizzle remaining olive oil and season with pepper, sea salt, and paprika
- Roast for 30 minutes, tossing asparagus half way through
- When asparagus is ready season with a bit more pepper and salt, add minced garlic and squeeze lemon juice on top
- Finally, add nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
Tagged with: recipes