- Philly Represent!
- Green Living
- About Us
I love this vegan twist on a childhood favorite. It’s simple, delicious and comforting.
Plus, sometimes it just feels good to make something from “scratch” rather than use a prepackaged food.
Tasty Vegan Hot Cocoa Recipe
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 cup almond or soy milk (I prefer vanilla almond milk, but any variation works)
- 3 tsp unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp agave or 1 tbsp organic sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Soywhip (optional)
- Vegan dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat milk on the stove at low-medium heat while stirring. Bring to simmer/lightly boiling. (Don’t leave on too long – or the milk will “burn”.)
- Heat water in separate pot on stove (or tea kettle) or pop in the microwave for 1.5 – 2 minutes.
- Stir cocoa powder and agave or sugar into water to dissolve
- Combine mixture with soy milk
- Top with soywhip – it’s just like whip cream but even creamier! and/or chocolate chips
Want to make your vegan hot cocoa “Irish”? Just add 2 tbsp of Kahlua or Bailey’s Irish Cream.